Evidently if I had introduced Skittles earlier, Luke would have crawled sooner...
Lament that you do not have Skittles...
Appropriate Skittles...
Yesterday, we went to what amounts to the DMV to start the licensing process. We were supposed to get a passport-like pic taken, but no smiles, and have someone sign a sheet who is from here and has known us for 2 years...What the what? So, you can drive on a foreign license for a year, then you have to get the UK license. At what point does one year translate to 2? So, with more research, Josh found out that we could personally go to this office, the guy could take one look at us and sign it himself. We still have to send our passports to get the "provisional license," which then enables us to sign up for and take our theory test, which then enables us to take our practical test. We have still been studying for the test. The road signs are crazy! Tons to memorize...
Anywho- this was the view across from the "DMV" office...
Loved this view of the 2 kids. It took longer to load the kids in the stroller than to get this process done, so since we had already parked (someone was nice enough to leave a paid parking sticker on the machine I would have gotten one from, so we used that) and walked a bit to get here (to find that they had free, convenient parking), we decided to stroll through the mall- i.e. get a cookie, or 3 cookies. :)
This morning, Rebekah and I made pizza dough and sugar cookies for some guests we had for dinner. She saw my hands with flour on them, and begged to help. Who am I to say no? :) So, I measured 2 different amounts of flour for the 2 items and of course mixed them up! It all worked out, though.
Sweet one rolled balls of dough, placed them on the pan, and somehow managed to know that we needed to put 9 balls on there. She was very intent on her task, but also happy to munch on dough...
We did discuss hygiene and how you can't lick the fingers you're using to make balls. Bless her.
Pumpkin wanted to wear her hair like Mommy's (when it's long). Such a big girl! Her pants/trousers are getting pretty short, so we flipped them for capris. And, yes, we were expecting rain.
Luke is mastering crawling and it is just delightful! I can't tell you how many people hate it when their kids start moving, "because it's so much more work." They obviously have not had an immobile 14-month-old they've been carrying around for over a year! I LOVE it when they crawl! In fact, I had forgotten how much! I love seeing those little chubby arms and legs all working together and his little giggles as he gets to something he has never been able to get to before! I love how pelased he is with himself and how he feels a wee bit more relaxed about letting me out of his sight...in fact, much improvement in that area. I had forgotten just how much of "toddler" person I am and how relieved I am when babydom is behind us. I think this is just a great time!
Rebekah did ask, "When I get bigger, when I get older, when I can reach the sky, when I am an adult, will Lukey still pull my hair?" (she has always equated being big with being able to reach high)



3 comments:
that's hilarious--girl you have no idea what all my kids will do for smarties :)
i think that's what got charlie moving now that i think about it...
i'm with you (obviously) on babydom being over with. oh yeah i forgot i have one again. it's driving me crazy honestly...pray for me friend. she wouldn't nap today and cried most of the day and i kept thinking, 'how much longer does this part last again..." i just don't love it like most women do.
glad i'm not alone!
Great post. We just got our international driver's license to put off getting one in the DR for another year. Are things like a DL difficult for people who don't live in the U.S. or do we just live in countries where things just don't run as smoothly ;)
Love Rebekah helping with the cookies - how precious she is! I am glad that Luke is making so much progress - it will be harder in different ways but ways you are ready for.
Much love to you,
Post a Comment