Stuff we say that Rebekah has adapted for her own use:
Telling on herself
If I'm not gonna be careful with this cup of water, I'm just gonna give it to you, Mom. (LOTS of Moms and Dads these days... :( )
I took toys form the other children. They were sad.
I'm gonna go to my room since I'm crying.
Are you going to pop my bottom? (always a bad sign)
I've been picking my ear in bed...every time.
To comfort Luke
It's okay, Buddy. Mama's gonna be riiiight back.
It's okay, Lukey. (moving to sit next to him) I'm right here.
To talk smack
(to Josh) Mom said yes!
(to me) Dad said yes!
To help Mommy
I'm your helper (unloading every utensil from the dishwasher, even in the right spot after surveying where the right spots were by pulling a stool over to stand on- actually, she has gotten quite resourceful with the stool- sometimes a good thing, sometimes a bad thing!)
Just funny Rebekah stuff:
I'm a baby again. I'm crying. (Why are you crying, Baby Rebekah?) Well (there are lots of well's now), I'm just a baby, so I cry.
I'd like to wear the jewwies (the jellies- a summer shoe for sure; funny to see her preferences come out).
(from big girl class at church) We had fuuuun!!! There was a story...and it was about Jesus, God....who was it about? There was a big storm and they were fishing and then we watched a movie. (What was the movie about?) Praying at home.
Actually....(to correct me)
Well...(typically begins an explanation or a self-defense)
I'm writing myself a note...about Powis Crescent...(me mouth open that she somehow knows the name of our street!)
Our typical day:
Morning:
Rebekah wakes up between 6:30 and 7:30 and Luke between 7 and 8. Josh gets up with them, I get up at 7:15 or 7:30 more likely and jog. (Yes, he's a good man!) I get them dressed and we go to the HUB every morning- rain or shine. This statue is outside Josh's building and Rebekah wanted the statue to hold her. She settled for sitting on his lap.
Luke literally lives in a plastic bubble- keeps the wind and rain off him. Seems pretty content to me!
Luke naps 9:30 or 10 until 11 or 11:30. On Mondays and Fridays, R goes to a free creche and I work from home. TWT's, I play with R while Luke naps- you may not know that we have a magical hallway that becomes an airport, a church, or even a restaurant, where the finest food is served.
Afternoons: Josh usually comes home for lunch- sometimes, we go out, like last Friday! This was on our way to Rustico- GREAT Italian food for 5 pounds! Rebekah flirted her way into some more bread, even tho Josh and I INSISTED not to bring anymore....
Obviously, it was raining- all of Scotland should be postmen because NOTHING stops them (or this crew) from getting out and about.
I try to keep the kids up until 2pm before naps for 3 reasons: 1) it gives us time to eat with Daddy and still do something, such as run an errand or see a friend, 2) it's the only way R might actually nap- we're about 50/50 on naps, altho she goes to her bed every day, and 3) I need L to nap later so we don't have to give him a 3rd nap that we wake him from.
After naps- the kids get up about 3:30 or so and we hang around here or get anything done we need to.
Josh comes home around 5 and he hangs with the kids while I make dinner and we eat b/w 5:30 and 6. This week has been the first week Luke hasn't taken a consistent 3rd nap. We're trying to get him off it b/c he was fussing over it and then we still had to wake him- so it didn't seem fair. So, instead of sleeping 5-6:30 and then going down again at 7:30 or 8, we keep him up and put him down at 7. R goes to bed at 7:30 if she didn't nap and at 8 if she did, tho it takes her a long time to fall asleep if she did nap.
I work during all sleep times. At night, Josh and I watch downloaded shows and I work while I watch. :) We often eat ice cream or cookies. And that's my life!
This was my lovey this morning after church- I told my mom that when we picked her up from her Sunday school class and I saw THIS precious pigtailed, rosey-cheeked wonder skipping towards me, my heart just about melted. I thanked the Lord that these are my children.
After seeing her pigtails and her bouncey little attitude, Josh's new nickname for Bekah Bear is "Beki Longstocking"- aka Pipi.



7 comments:
It's fun to hear about your life there. I love hearing R stories, she is so smart and so cute. Luke is growing up so fast!
I LOVE getting to know the details of your day! It sounds just lovely! David always says "Don't cry Elizabeth, David is here now. It's okay" too! He enjoys putting the silverware back too. I love the picture of R sitting on the statutes!
I'm picturing her saying,"actually..." so funny. Great stories-She is a hoot! You are one busy girl and have tackled a lot in your days there. Keep up the great work!
Thank you for sharing your day from start to finish. It helps me feel as though we are still a part of your day to day. I am yearning to hear R say those things running through my house......hmmm. :) Love her in her dress. Luke, just too cute.....those cheeks! Love seeing how God blesses your heart so deeply with your babies. Thanks for the precious giggles today. Saved it! Love you guys!
I LOVE the pictures. Rebekah looks like she is five years old. Can't believe how much they both have grown and changed since I last saw them.
Fun to hear about your daily routine. Much love from
Nana
What a great post, and I'm very late in seeing it! We had plans from 5 on yesterday, and today has been hectic with a closing this morning and the first movie I've been to in ages this afternoon. I love the photos, verbiage, and I too love R's dress. She is such a helper and does appear much older than she is! I totally understand the sadness at "Mom"!!
Much love -
Love the pics! the kiddos are so big! I am just going to have to make it to Scotland to visit!
Post a Comment