Monday, July 28, 2008

Our blue-eyed babies and their plugs


Well, Luke is getting more and more alert, but that does not mean he doesn't need to snooze all the time! He is the sleepiest baby I've ever been around- that's not to say he doesn't surprise me at times (like this morning!). Anyway, we are trying to make him do more while awake (5-6 hours total!) so he'll eventually learn to roll, hold things, lift his head, etc...Like most babies, he has always detested tummy time, so we got creative yesterday- I was shocked at his ability to hold his head up!
Happy Luke

Serious Luke

Rebekah decided to pull Luke's changing mat under the table so she could take a "nuh-night nap." She grabbed a towel to "cover up with" and a burp cloth to be her "bb" (her special blanket). She kept saying good night and pretending to sleep. As she does after all naps now, she gets up and says, "I'm not tired anymore. I just woke up," followed quickly by a "I want a popcicle!" That clever girl knows she gets a popcicle after naps! Needless to say, that did not count!!

Who knew a changing mat could be so fun?! (the blue thing is her swimsuit cover-up that she insisted on wearing over her shorts)

Touch Baby Luke?

With Aunt Sharon (Nana's sister), who visited to meet Luke and hear Josh preach. We had a great time visiting!


Rebekah learned about rainbows this week via an Eric Carle book (The Mixed-Up Chameleon). While outside, she asked about the bird on the "rainbow." Knowing it had not rained in a while, I curiously searched the skies for a wandering rainbow...she pointed to some power lines- there were 5 and she thought the stripes in the sky meant it was a rainbow! So cute! Similarly, she saw a tiny octagon-shaped yard sign (something or other about that house being alarm-protected) and said "stop-sign!" I am impressed at her shape observations.

6 comments:

saras said...

Luke has changed so much, he looks like a little man, oh so cute! It is fun seeing pics of the kids, miss seeing them!!!

safmomma said...

Luke is such a cutie. I enjoy the pics and reading about your kiddos. R is amazing.

Andrea G. said...

I love the tummy time with mommy pictures! That is the way to go!

Carrie Sterner said...

Luke looks so big! Where is baby Luke? :)

Love R's fashion style. The girls would be impressed.

I still am in awe over their eyes, not only the color but that they share the same exact shape. Thanks Mamama.

amanda said...

Luke is changing more and more! I used to think he was looking just like Rebes, but he is looking more and more like, well, I don't know....Luke!

Lisa said...

Love the pictures of you and your beautiful family! We miss you all.