Okay- mostly good with a few setbacks again! R talks about pooping on the potty a lot and we are learning that she needs to keep trying until she actually goes! We have had a few minor accidents with that but much success otherwise!! Being mindful of her needing to be mindful of her urges has been more challenging than I anticipated, but with so many extra hands, we are doing great!
Rebekah keeps us on our toes to be sure! She quotes her books in and out of context, which is always funny! She lovingly tells me where I can put baby Luke down when she feels he has been held too long (anything longer than 30 seconds) and even supplies options, such as bringing him his infant seat or jungle gym. She grabs her bag and says she's going on a date. She offers to take extra naps just in case she might get a popsicle out of it. We love her so!!
Baby Luke is also wonderful- he is such a tender little guy, altho he is growing like a weed! He is starting to have that really solid, satisfying weight to him that makes picking him up pretty fun! He has the most precious grin that covers his whole face and is a sweet gift from the Lord! he is still sleeping thru the night, tho sometimes he needs his paci, but he is content to go back to sleep and not to eat! Yea! I am still astonished at his nap capacity, tho I am not complaining! Again, he might need a paci placement here and there, but that boy can snooze- and loves doing it! I will say my favorite part is checking on him and realizing he is awake, but content...I sneak in and peek over the side of the pack 'n play and there he is, just gazing up at me and as he registers that he is getting "gotten," he grins with his entire body in such a way that I can hardly grab him fast enough! My children are such a blessing!
As for us, Josh and I came to Dallas yesterday for my uncle's funeral. He died quite unexpectedly of a heart attack on the way to the ER with his wife last Wednesday. He was an amazingly godly man and the service was a beautiful tribute to a life well-lived. He was married to my dad's sister (my dad is one of 11!) and they have a lovely 13-year-old daughter. She recorded a poem and song for him, both of which were extremely touching. No one could think of single bad thing to say about Ralph....that convicted me greatly. Anyway, we head back today and I am eager to get my hands on my babies!
And the winner is….
9 years ago



2 comments:
So sorry to hear about your uncle. How sad when it is so sudden, and with a young one still at home. We will be praying for them.
Travel safe my dear.
I am thrilled to see how smitten you are with your sweet treasures. Wish I were there to enjoy them too.
I ditto Carrie on being thrilled at how smitten you are with your precious children! You and Josh are blessed indeed. I enjoyed so much hearing you talk about them with such pride and joy while you were in town yesterday.
I will belatedly say that I have loved the photos of Luke while in Victoria - they are the best I've seen yet. He is thriving, and I'm so glad!
Much love,
Mom
Post a Comment