Sunday, June 10, 2007

Dallas Pics Part 3

Well, it's official- we have the smartest little girl alive and she comes with animal noises! I am stunned at how quickly Rebekah learns things! In one sitting, she perfected her "bah!" for what a sheep says and picked up 2-3 more new ones, including an "mmmm" for her version of a moo, an "arr arr" for her puppy dog, and occasionally she'll do the bubbles (opening and closing her precious little mouth) for a fish! She has also relearned how to sign "please" when she wants something and is learning thank you. Additionally, she loves to do things for her daddy. What little girl doesn't live for her daddy's approval? Anyway, when she's not giggling at and with Josh, she's studying him and what he's doing so she can try, too. If he does something especially cool with his mouth or tongue (such as rolling it), she will reach inside his mouth to check it out and then try it herself. She has matched his tone and inflection before and even kept beat with him at times. It is so amazing! Furthermore, Rebekah likes to sign to either of us for milk, then while she's guzzling it, she'll look for her dad and sign the same gesture to him, as if to gain his approval for a sign well done!

As a side note, she got her 3rd tooth- the upper front guy and it looks like its companion is on its way. Side note #2, Rebekah climbed up our front steps all by herself and with no prompting from me! I was watching her play and she decided my view was better, so up she came...those of you who have been blessed to visit us know that that is no small feat- those steps are oddly high, so I was stunned and awed by her new skill set.

When did our tiny baby become a little girl?

Rebekah with my brother reading, of course! Notice the subtle college product placement...


Making sure it's still Uncle Billy...



Getting lured in by the labbies (see Billy's link on my page of his beautiful labs)...

Us with J's mom...aka Nana
On our way to church ...
The Malone girls...
Librarian Nana titillating the curious mind...

6 comments:

Smiley Jane said...

You look really pretty in that brown shirt. Love the pictures of Billy and Rebekah. You're going to LOVE being an aunt!

Shannon said...

Em, quick question. Didn't Rebe learn how to "moo" from me? :) I mean call me crazy, but I think she and I were reading her animal book together and practicing the sounds.

Shannon said...

P.S. You do look beee-utiful in that brown top. Warm colors are so flattering on you!! :)

Rach said...

I agree with Becky and Shannon...that color is great on you.

I watched "So I Married an Axe Murderer" the other night and waxed nostalgic about watching it the first time with you!

Nana Phyllis said...

My granddaughter is sooo cute!!

Nana Phyllis said...

Seriously, so cute!