Monday, May 14, 2007

You know you've really blown it...

...when your husband stares in disbelief, the dealership in baffled tone of voice suggests a locksmith, that locksmith suggests another locksmith, that locksmith suggests a 3rd or the dealership!

So, I was actually gonna get an afternoon to myself- all alone to run much-needed errands while Josh kept Rebekah. So, in my hurry to get going (I was planning on buying some flowers for our flower beds and some shorts since I have none and it was 90 degrees today as I sweated in my jeans), I jammed my key into the ignition, not knowing that I had unintentionally not only grabbed my car key, but also a neighboring house key on the key ring. I iunwittingly shoved both keys toward the ignition in the right spot, but they stopped before full insertion due to the house key's unwanted presence. You see, the house key got stuck somewhere around the metal lock and at that point I could not get either key out! After 10 minutes, I finally wrangled the house key out only to find that the car key was still stuck...many phone calls, a locksmith's visit, and 5 hours later, we are no closer to retrieving that darned key. The locksmith is hoping that another locksmith can get it out without taking the whole column out...apparently, I am the only person who has ever done this, a fact which lightened the frustrating moment for us- at least I accomplished something (hopefully something that's not a million dollars!)!

As for Rebekah, she is as lively as ever! Yesterday in the car, she held a book, turned its pages, and her voice animatedly "read" the story! It was so precious to hear her little sing-song voice as she flipped through the pages!

Tonight, I made chicken fried rice for us and gave her cheese (which she happily gulped down) and attempted to give her ham. Needless to say, she was not impressed. I even wrapped cheese in the ham- she promptly spit both items out, discarded the ham, and reate the cheese. She tehn noticed our rice and was very much intrigued. I have never seen her so delighted with a food item! With all its random ingredients, I was stunned that she so happily devoured it! What a mess!

4 comments:

EmilyAnne said...

That's really sad! Did you get your shorts and flowers?
You had such a good attitude about it. I probably would've cried in frustration. :)

Michelle said...

Both keys! That is a good one! Well if you are going to have to call a locksmith out might as well do something out of the ordinary! I mean who wants to be ordinary! not you my friend! :)

Mike + Stacey Duncan said...

Hey Emily! This is Stacey from Stonebriar College Life! Rebekah is so cute! She is so big now! I hope everything is well with you guys...

I just wanted to let you know that Mike and I are engaged!!! We are very excited, and wanted to let you both know.

Anyway, we miss you down here! Email us when you are down again so we can take you out to lunch and see your beautiful baby!
Stacey

Miss Mommy said...

Em- I only sound like I had a good attitude- I did cry in frustration!

Michelle- LOVING your blog, by the way...and no, ordinary is not cool with me! I saw a mini-cosmetic bag today and was very tempted to send it your way...then, I realized that the cosmetic bag, mini as it was, was still too large for minipurse!

Stacey- CONGRATS!!!!! OI am so excited for you both!