Friday, May 11, 2007

Lots of Fun Stories

Our play group met at a nearby park this past week...since Rebekah can't really play on the toys, I wasn't sure what we'd do...being the person I am, no, I did not remember to bring a hat or sunscreen...when do those instincts kick in anyway? So, my good friend, Amanda, was kind enough to donate Grace's. Anyway, Rebekah wanted off my lap before she was really even on it and off she went...I have taken the liberty of subtitling and narrating each pic...

Exploration...So many mischievous things to get into!

Dandelion hunting...On the prowl for something fun and delectable!


Dandelion picking...Ooh! So pretty and yellow!


Dandelion eating...This looks really delicious!


Dandelion examination...Is this what I just ate? It was awful!



Dandelion re-eating...Maybe it will taste better this time...


In other news, Rebekah had some friends over yesterday afternoon- it was kind of spontaneous and very fun- Grace and the twins came over! Grace came first and the girls had a blast chasing each other around!! Grace has been trying to play with Rebe since Christmas, but Rebekah, immobile, ignored her. Yesterday, however, it was off to the races! They took turns chasing each other and had a ball! Sadly, it was nap time, Rebekah seemed tired, so I took her to her room to get going on it, so she could rest and get up in time to play again. She would have none of it! She didn't cry or anything, just refused to nap while so many fun things were going on! She edged to the corner of her crib where she could hear the best and Grace stood trapped on the other side of the baby gate, as close as she could get to her new friend and where she could still hear Rebekah. They chatted for a while and and I told them their not-so-silent protest of my decision had been noted. Rebekah finally went down for a brief nap and was ready to go! Hilarious!

She is crawling everywhere- have I said that before? :) These are such fun days!! So many people told me how much harder it got when they crawled that I have been semi-dreading it! It is more activity, but we are loving it! My little girl could not be more delighted with herself and life in general not that she can quickly go wherever she pleases!

New items now indispensable to us:
1. Door stoppers- she loves to pull them back and watch them go doy-oy-oy-oy-ing!
2. My movie rental (key-chain-sized) card- Rebekah carries it with her anywhere she goes
3. Her blue rubber toothbrush- it has lost favor due to #2
4. Anything that's Sam's- a sad realization for Sam that all is fair game for the baby, but he is limited to his own toys
5. Anything that's mine- make-up brushes are a particular favorite, but my cup, cell phone, keys, camera, jewelry, shoelaces, toes, etc. are in the running, too!
6. Mulch! Especially small pieces that she could choke on
7. Her own shoes, socks, laundry, appendages

2 comments:

Shannon said...

Great narrations of the "Project Dandelion!!" Love the list, too, of the things that are indispensable. So clever. So creative, Mama Em! :)

Miss Mommy said...

Thanks, Shannie! I thought you might enjoy!! Well, I'm off to view your blog!