Bleu and I will be reunited on Thursday, so Rebekah and I will be hitchhiking to Bible study and play group tomorrow.
Andrea was kind enough to hang with me today and tote us to the mall for an outing this afternoon- she knows me well enough to sense my need to break free from the confines of being indoors on a rainy day. I was a bit hesitant to go because Rebekah has become a little pill in the stroller. Akin to her disdain for the carseat, she has realized that being in the stroller indoors means being buckled in- i.e. constrained. She is her mother's daughter and does not like to be trapped. While this temporary prison may be acceptable outdoors, by no means is it to be tolerated without all the benefits of fresh air. So, being the novice mom I am, I decided to forego the straps, assuming she'd enjoy the freedom but stay in the same basic position. I hear you seasoned moms chuckling to yourselves...no sooner had I batted my eye had she gotten on her knees, pivoted to face me, and turned that pumpkin (read as punkin) face towards me to make sure I knew who was in charge! Visions of her catapulting out of control and jettisoning out of the stroller while those around commented on what a bad mom I was, I found myself in quite the quagmire....do I immediately plop her back down (amidst much protesting on her part) and properly strap her in or do I capitulate to my daughter's whim and possibly even to her peril simply to keep the peace? I'll let you guess what I did...
Later this afternoon (so, yes, she is still alive- yea, me!), Rebekah learned how to feed Samson, our boxer. Yes, friends, that day has arrived- the one where our skinny-minnie bunny sacrificed her much-needed calories to our scavenging pirate of a dog. Evidently, she was not so jazzed about her morsels of bread. On the other hand, the cubes of cheese were delightful! So, she picked thru both options and dangled the unwanted bread over the tray to Sam! She did not simply drop it, rather she waited for him to come to her and only then did she relinquish it.
As we speak, she is bouncing in Josh's arms and giggling on the couch as he sings to her- apparently, she has found her groove! Praise the Lord (seriously) that she already seems to have more rhythym than I!
Here are some fun ones for 'ya as Bunny waited for her bath tonight...



4 comments:
em you are a great story teller- but seriously who uses the word "quagmire"
common on!!!!!
that is awesome!
love ya
My son definitely likes to drop his food from that same exact high chair so he can have a little snack later.
I do so love comments, girls! Jamie- I know, I definitely oscillated on the use of "quagmire" but couldn't figure out what word I was really going for, so I threw all caution to the wind and went for it!
Amanda- how old is Jackson? By the way, I think I may have met you at A&M, possibly thru Michelle...what class were you? ('01 for me, Grace Bible, a brief stint in Phi Lamb, which is where I met the illustrious Michelle as her big sis)
Em- don't feel foolish...last Spring I did $1000 worth of damage to the brakes and surrounding metal on our van when I left the parking brake on...I got on the Interstate and was going 70 and melted the brakes basically. In my defense, I was racing my newly pregnany sister to the ER because she was cramping, but almost killed us on the way. The brakes got so hot they went out completely and I eventually got off the Interstate and was able to navigate Dodge St. without brakes. I had definitely gotten myself into my own quagmire!!! :)
Post a Comment