Saturday, May 19, 2007

Sick & Snuggly, praise the Lord!

Just a freebie I forgot to do last week! That's rice on her eyelid, by the way!


Friday we had a visiting dog, so when Bunny saw him, she lost all tiredness and I did not even try for a 2nd nap, just to see what she did...She was fine, just really tired at 6 instead of 7, so we put her down at 6:15 when all was said and done...I heard a peep at 5 am, Josh heard a second peep at 6 am, then she coughed and made an awake noise (yes, we do actually know the difference!) and was sitting up, so I got her. I tried to nurse her and she refused, just snuggled in my arms, against my chest and went to sleep! This is the point where those who know my daughter gasp in surprise...my kid does not snuggle and she certainly doesn't fall asleep after 13 hours! She stayed asleep for 45 min and I delighted in this precious prayer time for my girl.

So, we were up and at 'em and all she could do was yawn! Seriously!! We played a bit, went for a walk, and still she was lethargic...so I put her down at 10:15 and she immediately went to sleep for another 45 min. She got up and crawled in my lap, rested her pumpkin head against my chest, sucked her thumb, and STAYED for 30 min!!!!!! (Second gasp can now be heard). After resting, I fed her and took her temp- 101.8 (she has never had a fever, so this was startling) and Josh, Rebes, and I headed for the mall to eat Chick-Fil-A for our 6th anniversary- by golly, if we can't find a babysitter, we'll do something! Rebekah seemed to be responding to the Ibuprofuren and was very rosey, but sweet. She loved being walked around and not confined to the stroller. Of course everyone thought she was a honey because she is!


Yesterday continued as usual- lethargic, but very snuggly!! I loved it! Last night I heard her every hour on the hour, usually for just a few seconds. At midnight, I got up to love on her and remedicate her, but she went back down before I actually got to her room. At 3:30 am, she was crying pretty hard so I rushed to her room. She was sitting up, giving me the benefit of the doubt that of course I would come to rescue her! Precious! She was on fire, so I remedicated her and just held her little hot body for I don't know how long....I LOVED it! I just quietly held her and rubbed her back and cheek as she rested her head on my chest. Periodically she would tilt her head back and look at me. When her breathing softened I laid her down and she rolled over and went to sleep. What a sweet time for us, even if it was fever-induced! She is doing mostly better now, I think the fever has broken- she is just a little fussy and warm.

This morning before church- what a cute little package!

6 comments:

Amanda said...

Happy anniversary! I'm so sorry you couldn't find a sitter. What a fun family day out though. While other families were having brunch at nice places or having a feast at home, we had Mother's Day lunch in a soda fountain/drug store. It was the perfect thing with a toddler but I do look forward to broadening our horizon someday! Youe baby girl is quite the little lady in her Sunday outfit.

Sarah M said...

Emily--I'm so happy that you do this blog! I just love it when I log on and get to read about your lives there and see my neice, who has to be the most adorable baby in the world. (And I've seen a lot of the world, so I feel like I can justifiably say that...) :) Anyway, I love you guys and hope we can talk soon!

Michelle said...

Um I love it that y'all were taking pics in Old Navy? Glad you got some sweet time with her!

Shannon said...

EMILY, Hey it is Shannon Blackwell...I got to see your blog because your link is on Aricas....such cute pictures of your sweet little girl...I would love for you to see ours as well...if you could send me your email...I will invite you to view it...I just didn't want anyone looking at it...but I would love for you to see it!!! My email is shanblackwell@hotmail.com...hope your family is doing well!!!

Arica said...

She is such a cute little button...I have so enjoyed perusing your site and keeping up with you all. How funny that I have been to that food court and possibly drank a lime slushy at that very table. Small world.
Arica

Smiley Jane said...

I LOVE your blog!!