Before I start my real post, I thought I'd report on Luke's obsession with organizing things. He takes things out and puts them back in...over and over again. I love this stage. :)
It's hard not to adore a naked, pudgy baby. :)
Nana gave Fancy Nancy Sees Stars to Rebekah last year. We love Fancy Nancy because we are fancy girls in our hearts. :) Anyway, in the book, Nancy is learning about stars and constellations and makes star cookies. So, Nana got everything they would need to make their own star cookies and they had a ball!
Just in case you weren't sure which one Rebes did by herself.
Yesterday was the first day in a week that it was warm and sunny- we are in south Texas and I was expecting normal Texas weather...anyway, the kids, Josh, and I hit the beach 30 minutes away. I forgot how disastrous it can be to have 2 walking little ones with cold water and no water wings. Yikes.
It all started off fine.
In fact, the second we drove up, Luke started shouting "Bir! Bir!!" He LOVES animals, especially watching them and has been pointing to birds a lot. :) He chased all the seagulls and had a ball.
Josh got the kids to collect sea shells, and then Luke would throw them into the water.
Aunt Sarah got here today with her very sweet boxer, Griffin. Unfortunately, Griffin and Nana's dog, Duncan, were not fast friends, so Duncan was shipped off to a very enamored friend who loves caring for him. We were thankful one of the dogs went b/c we were not so secretly worried that the kids would unwittingly get in the middle of a scuffle and get injured. Now that we're down to one dog (though I really do love Duncan- he is so sweet), I feel better. Luke follows Griff around and points and barks at him. Poor thing. (He does the same thing at the door mat that features a dog). As long as the kids feel in control, they seem great with Griff- he is as sweet as can be. Makes us miss Samson. Kind of.



2 comments:
"Kind of." Like I "kind of" want to send Max out to play by himself and maybe leave the gate open? Yeah I think that's what you mean.
Looks like Nana and Rebekah had a great time making cookies! I'll bet the water wasn't as cold as in Aberdeen in the Spring but know the kids had fun.
Post a Comment