Tuesday, December 08, 2009

The Friends!

My daughter and I are very social, so this post is dedicated to us. Rebekah has been known to celebrate days with "the friends." "The friends" are anyone she is excited about being with, whether they are actually friends or family members.

Let's get started: this is the infamous "Grasshopper Mama"- she is a super-crazy-cool mother of 3 and we met for a play date last week. Her oldest is R's age and was at Mother's Day Out. So we had the pleasure of her 2 girls: Charlie and Joy.

Then, I got have another play date with my 2 best pals from college; Kathryn and Tammy. Unfortunately, I did not get enough photos...

Tammy and her newest addition: Luca (Italian Luke).


Tammy, Isabella Grace (hiding), Rebekah Grace, Sophie Grace, Luke, and unpictured Luca. Do you notice any patterns here?

Josh and I took the kids to a mall play area- these do not fall under the "The Friends" category...sorry.


Aunt Helen is a fave...she sure loves our babies. This one is William.

Uncle Billy is also a fave...he turned 33 last Saturday.

His daughter was very excited about the cake she decorated.

I guess Billy was, too. Do you see the size of his piece of cake?

We then decided to put both girls in side-by-side pallets. I had forgotten that Riley is still in a crib. This was a hilarious experiment, in which Riley repeatedly escaped her open-range pallet and Rebekah followed suit to report on these happenings. She really will be a great room monitor.

Then, we got to see the Barnetts. Frank was Josh's best man and when he and Kristin got married, we became friends!



Their sweet Allison- she is 5 or 6 weeks younger than Luke


Did I mention we love Aunt Helen? Luke leaned in for a hug and it lasted and lasted some more...he is going to make some sweet girl very, very happy. :)

We also love cousin Hayden. He is wonderful with children and they flock to "Haydey."

I was trying to take a sweet pic of Josh and Luke and got this. Evidently in the time it took to snap the picture, something changed.

8 comments:

Sarah M said...

classic. josh. face.

Carley said...

Fun times! I keep meaning to leave a comment and tell you that I saw you, your mom and your MIL walking into the Frisco Target! You look FABULOUS!! :) I hope you are having a great time in Texas.

Mary said...

You DO look fabulous. Did I forget to mention that in between strangling Charlie and hanging onto Joy with one arm? Oh sorry. Send me those pics please!!

Kristin Barnett said...

We had a great time visiting you guys! Thanks for letting us have one of your precious evenings while you're in town.

Nana Phyllis said...

Love the boy's faces - too funny. Counting the days until you're in Victoria!! (3) THREE

Glad you are seeing so many of your friends.

Frank said...

That's an *awesome* Josh face. Seriously. I'm looking back and laughing again at it. HA!

It was SO cool to see you guys and catch up, even if the time went too quickly.

Joy said...

so fun!

Miss Mommy said...

I should probably note that Josh is mocking Luke and not gagging....