Well...it has been a crazy week! On Thursday, Rebekah was fussier than usual (she's not a fussy girl at all), so I should have known...we took both kids to eat at a friend's house and they even noticed that she oscillated b/w hot and cold and had very glassy eyes. She wouldn't leave my side...that night we put her to bed and she fell asleep the second her head hit the pillow. Then, an hour or so later, we ran to her b/c she sounded like a squealing pig! In hindsight, I think she was hyperventilating because she was scared. Her fever was breaking- she was soaked in her own sweat and her cheeks were flaming! Josh grabbed "Lump" (what he lovingly calls our son) and almost forgot to put him in the carrier (Josh just had him in his arms :)) while I rushed out R. We drove to the ER- on the way, R was able to breath again and by the time we checked in she was delightedly running up and down the hallway. Wanting to avoid a hefty ER charge, we went home. She has had a horrible cold since then and has been fussy and clingy, but fine.
Luke had a couple rough days this weekend- never happy when awake- very frustrating. Every time I tried to put him down, he flipped out! So, that coupled with a clingy girl was trying. Our church is close to being flooded, so we have been up there packing up Josh's office so as to not leave without all his books due to inaccessibility. While doing that yesterday, Luke slept in his carrier in an adjoining office. As we were preparing to leave, L started fussing. R immediately popped his paci in. To her chagrin, he kept fussing and it fell out. "Keep it in, Buddy!" (such a parrot) He did not, which perplexed her, I am sure. All I know is he started screaming and choking horribly! R had taken her water bottle (about an inch full) and poured it in my baby's mouth! It was not malicious- she was really trying to help, but he was soaked, shocked, and sputtering, but otherwise okay! Then, 2 nights ago I noticed thrush in Luke's mouth (white patches along his tongue and lower lip). Indeed it is and we have antibiotics to hopefully treat it. My prayer is to not contract it myself through nursing. :)
So...I have asked the Lord to help me see good things in the midst of sleep deprivation and clingy children...can I say I am so very thankful for my children and the fact that they are alive and mostly healthy!
And the winner is….
9 years ago



2 comments:
I will pray for the thrush to heal and for the good to be obvious in the midst of sleep deprivation and clingy children! I miss you and love you!
We will pray for you. I love how you are able to laugh at life with kids...I hope I'm able to do the same.
Post a Comment