Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Little man amongst dolls...

Thought y'all deserved some new pics of the kiddos!! They sure are cute...We took Luke in today for his sonogram to see if his kidneys are still dilated...we'll hear soon. It was a good reminder of how much we have to be thankful for. For the most part, Rebekah and Luke are very healthy and happy children. It's easy to get caught up in the diapers, crying, naps (or my lack thereof :) ), and even the sweet smiles and forget the bigger picture- that these children are the Lord's and my job is to rear them in such a way that they return to Him- not that I have control over that, but that their salvation thru Christ is of utmost importance. So, if I am stressing about lack of sleep, packing and moving, schedules, etc., then that is not reflecting th Gospel of Christ. It is my prayer to model His security and love...I have a long way to go!

Rebekah thought it was a good idea to put all the babies together...(no, she did not place Luke here :), just her dolls)
LOVE his sad face...look at that frown! (Notice Rebekah's sweet little hand patting him, telling him it's okay)

I told Josh this was his father's day present- apparently he thought I meant the child! It took him a minute to notice the shirt!

Luke LOVES his duckie! I spent months trying to get Rebekah to like it as a baby, but she is just now interested in it! Luke spends lots of time cooing and grinning at this duck!




Rebekah and Grace hangin' on the hammock...so sweet!

(always a wayward leg)


Rebekah-isms:

-R sees Josh far away and heads for him while yelling, "I'm comin', Daddy! I'm comin'!"

-She looks at something and says it's green. I say, no it's not. She thinks, then says, "You're right, Mama. It's white. You're right."

-She notices I have something she wants and asks, "What you have, Mama?"

-She gets excited about an outing and asks, "Where we goin', Mama?"

-We had ice cream last night. I got a special waffle cone- she had not had a cone before. She looked at it and said, "Want sum! Want sum' of Mommy's.....ice cream stick!" You better believe she got some. :)

-Bekah puts something back together and says, "There you go, Mama. Bekah fix it!" There you go is frequently used.

-She almost dropped something and caught it and said "Gotcha!"

-She is big on planning things out and organizing things and narrating things. She said, "I'm gonna set my milk down first."

-Josh put a full-size door in the van to return to Lowe's. Rebekah loved having "the lid" over her head! She asked for "the lid" multiple times today!

4 comments:

Nana Phyllis said...

We're loving the new pics! Love Bekah's comments, also. I'm getting mighty anxious to hear those sweet voices in person in a few weeks.

You're right, sometimes we miss the big picture and blessings by focusing on the hear and now - which seem overwhelming at times. We love you and are praying for you during the move.

Mary said...

Emily you are doing great! I know it's hard-I'm just now on the other side-for us there was big leap forward around 5 months and more sleep for everyone :) It is the hardest job but you really are doing an EXCELLENT job! R sounds like a little brain surgeon-smart girl! Hang in there...

Mommy Parr said...

I am glad to see new pics. The ones of L laughing are the best!

Sarah said...

Emily - Hey, we met a few times at playgroup over at Derrika's and then again at Shari's. Anyways, I just wanted to say that your kiddos are super cute!