Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day, Dad

Reasons I love my dad:

Besides my husband, he's the smartest guy I know

He makes me laugh

He got mad at me for sneezing in the deer blind

He took me to gut a deer and I loved it!

He adores my children

He taught my daughter to say Bah!

He told me I could go to Texas A&M or....Texas A&M

He is such an amazing servant

Once he puts his mind to something, little can stop him

My son looks like him!

He's only as happy as his unhappiest child

When he laughs hard, he cries

He will sit outside and talk about anything with me

He will build anything for Billy or me (except install French doors- don't love that about him)

While Mom shared Jesus with us, he taught us the more important lessons in life, such as hush puppies put hair on your chest

He taught me to wait to pee on an airplane until it took off because it had to fall out in the sky- something I didn't figure out wasn't true until my honeymoon and I almost cried I was laughing so hard when I actually thought about why I was waiting!

He always has a good word of encouragement, such as that's what pliers are for! ;)

He thinks I'm smarter than I am

He is proud of me regardless of what I do

Dad- I am so proud of you and the man you have become- So many men think they have come of age, that there's nothing left to know, but you never stop learning and evolving, a trait I immensely admire. I imagine you have some regrets in life- we all do- but know this- I regret nothing in my relationship with you. I love you so much and cherish every minute we have together. Moving away was so hard and a lot of that was leaving you.

I love you! Happy father's Day!!









2 comments:

Grandmama said...

Let me just say that having you for our daughter and Billy for our son has made being parents a true blessing for us! Thank you for honoring both of us the way you have for Mother's Day and Father's Day! Much love to you, Mom

Tamara said...

That made me laugh and cry all at once... I LOVED it!!!