Friday, October 26, 2007

The Iowa Children's Museum

The last Friday of every month at the mall is full of freebies! Free kids' meals, free carousel rides, and free entrance into the Iowa Children's Museum. Amanda, Nate, and Grace invited us to join them- Josh was camping so we loved having the company! Unfortunately, Rebekah had a really rough nap, so she was exhausted...we did our best to entertain her. This was my favorite part- the grocery store...Rebes was a little all over the place. She seemed the most intrigued by the Motion room- lots of fun ways to play with gravity, etc...I guess she takes after her dad, which explained her lack of interest in the grocery store. In other news, we have a car radio/cd player again!!!! Back in June, I left a light on in the minivan and the car died. As part of antitheft, the radio dies unless you have the code to reset it. Since we bought the van used and not certified, we didn't have the code to reset it. Anyway, those of you with great memories might remember that this was just after I jammed the key in the ignition and we had to spend $400 to get it out, so I was hesitant to spend even the $50 for labor to get the radio code (and, yes, I mean I was hesitant- Josh told me to get it done anytime). 4 months later, I caved- Rebekah is such a music lover that I had to give in. It was amazing having tunes again!








4 comments:

Jen Essington said...

Hi Emily!

Yes, I read your blog...but every time I go to comment I can't remember my password to get in :) Don't ask me how I got in this time - I don't know.

Hey, I have a couple buy one get one free passes to the museum that expire at the end of this year...are you interested? I don't need them - we have a membership right now.

Mommy Parr said...

Where is the museum? It might be fun for us to take ZS sometime when we are in Iowa.

Grandmama said...

Em,
How cute is she pushing the grocery cart?? What a precious little girl she is and is changing daily! We're anxious to see you and counting the days!!

Shannon said...

Didn't know that y'all had a children's museum. Too cool!! Did I tell you asked for a year pass to ours for E's birthday. So awesome to be able to go and play at any time and for any amount of time since it's already covered. :) Anywho, E's fave place is probably the grocery store though I did introduce her to the dress-up area last time, and we spent most of our time there. Too fun.

Love you!