When we got home, I was so impressed by Josh's servant heart towards me...he knows I go to great lengths not to come home to a dirty house, so he had emptied all the trash, including bathrooms!!!, run and emptied the dishwasher, done, folded, and put up the laundry (and most of it in the right place, too!), and straightened the whole house! I was so blessed! Plus, there were 2 books wrapped in bows waiting for me on the bed, 2 he thought I'd enjoy! I'll get back to ya on those in a later post...
Since being home, Rebekah has asked for all her grandparents repeatedly, even in the nursery yesterday, where thankfully my good friend Amanda was able to tell her that they were in TX. R especially loves to ask for Papa... :(...it makes me sad not to be able to produce these precious people for her! So, we reviewed them online! I showed her pics of these recently-visited family members and she scored a 100 in id-ing them by pointing to the correct person!
We have also been reviewing her friends' names...she is especially fond of Caaaa-sey (a very sweet young guy in our ministry), Grace, and Car-ter. She is acquiring new words EVERY hour, especially if they correlate with obtaining or eating something! Most mornings, we walk around the house and she verbally labels all the items she knows and then we learn some new ones. I am shocked at how much she picks up and remembers!
Today we went for our monthly ob-gyn appt for the new baby...R visited with every person in the waiting room, even identifying bare knees and elbows...fortunately, they were all patient with her! Good thing since most were expecting babies! ;) Even Lori our doctor was amazed at 2 things- her resemblance to Josh and her lack of reservation with strangers! As for Baby #2, (s)he is doing well! It was hard to find little peanut's heartbeat b/c (s)he was so on the move!!! Not another wiggly one, we laughed...
p.s. It is jacket weather here!!! It was 91 on Sunday and the highs were low 50's yesterday...I thought TX was weird...
Onto the pictures! These were sent with love form Nana!
This is the quintessential picture of Rebekah!- on the move!
I call this one "trouble"- looks like she's onto something...
This is her very serious face. It's funny- dependent upon her mood and the surrounding environment, people either observe how serious she is or how happy and social! We have determined that R is a very happy little girl who LOVES people, but when she is learning something new, such as acquiring a new word, she is very contemplative...
I mentioned before that R associated Grandmama with her purse, so GM donated a gold clutch to the cause, filled with all kids of fun things which could be pulled out and replaced...nothing, however, compared with GM's real thing....it was a sore subject all around...
Another fun one of my dad oohing and awing over precious Baby Riley (Rara to Rebekah)
Apparently, R wanted to go outside with my dad...Becky's blog has a priceless pic of Rebekah pressing her whole face against the glass (plus many more of sweet Rara)
I love this one of Rebekah...it took me a while to figure out that Rebekah favors Nana! I thought this was a good one!
Nana the librarian reading to her...



2 comments:
Love these pics. Especially the "trouble" one. RaRa is calling! Must go but we love you guys and hope everyone is feeling better soon! Congrats on another wiggly worm!
Josh used to get that same contemplative look on his face when he was thinking really hard (of course, Josh being Josh, thinking really hard wasn't often required for him).
Post a Comment