I carried her, I delivered her, I fed her in the middle of the night, I spend all day with her. Anyway, imagine my surprise today when Rebekah and I visit Daddy at his office. Rebekah sees his picture from our rehearsal dinner and points at him and says "Dada"- many, many times. She ignores my picture (you can imagine that Josh has many more pics of me than of himself, so that was a lot of ignoring). I also chose to ignore this discrepancy. Sheer coincidence, right? No...It continued something like this...
We're in the car and Daddy gets out to get in his own car.
R: Dada!
Me: That's right, Rebekah...Dada got in his own car and we'll see him at home.
R: Dada! (pointing)
Me: Uh-huh.
R: Dada! Dada!
Me: Can you say Mama?
R: (silence)
Me: Seriously, can you say Mama?
R: (shaking head) No.
Me: (laughing, but hurt) Rebes, how about Mama?
R: (shaking head more vehemently) No, no, no!
Me: Can you say Dada?
R: Dada!
Me: Can you say shoe?
R: Shoe!
Me: Can you say yes?
R: Yesh!
Me: (feeling more confident) Can you say Mama?
R: No, no, no!
*Side note: When I went to get Rebekah this morning, she was standing in her crib, in her pajama top and...diaper! She had taken her pants of and thrown them out of the crib.
And the winner is….
9 years ago



4 comments:
Welcome to the world of motherhood! Too funny, her little head shakes and Dad adoration. I love the latest pics also. She looks so big. Such a little girl, our baby is transforming! Tell Dada about the feet first we taught her.
Nana Phyllis
Ha haa!!! That is halarious. I had to read it out loud to Billy. He also enjoyed it very much. He really got a kick out of Rebes throwing her pants out of the crib. Next, it's going to be the diaper... yikes.
That is hilarious! Sorry she did not say Mama but this is a good funny story to tell now! ;) Love ya Mama Em!
Thanks for the support, everyone! I feel confident that she loves me as much as ever...most of the time.
Post a Comment