Monday, August 27, 2007

Little Munchkin

Just look at that face! Janene and Lisa from our church made all the staff baby girls whole outfits to wear to church- Parkview (our church) is celebrating its 75th Anniversary in September and we have been wearing the tee-shirts to advertise it. Janene and Lisa took it upon themselves to shrink the logo and make iron-ons and match whole outfits to it- so sweet!

Anyway, Josh preached Sunday (this Sunday, too) and put up her picture! This was it...



Rebekah is learning new words everyday!

Just in the last few days:

Door, knee, elbow (belbow), poop, turtle, up, & down, among her normal repertoire.

She also still mimics just about everything! I wiped my runny nose and threw the tissue in the toilet. She grabbed one, too, wiped her nose, and threw it into the toilet, at which point she flushed it. Today in the bath, she pretended to wash her body with the wash cloth and giggled the whole time. She also wants me to open her shorts drawer every morning so she can pull them ALL out...I often pretend I don't know what she wants, just so I can see how persistent she is (very) and also see her very excited face when I "figure" it out. Along the same vein, when she's snacky, she glues her eyes to the diaper bag, knowing that magical goldfish live inside.

She loves climbing in this toy from Carrie...yes, she has already fallen out of it, but like the stud she is, she shook it off and climbed right back in.



This is Rebekah and Dada (still her favorite word other than shoe) watching t.v.- don't even think about lecturing me about tv and babies- she watches maybe 7 minutes of Backyardigans which is about the only cartoon I can stomach- this was her realizing it was on- she loves the theme music- you really need to check out this show- each episode is choreographed to different music- really cool.


Everybody needs a Dada hug at some point..


I knew I should have immediately put up the laundry. She pulled out almost every garment in order to climb in...and out and in and out.




Just liked her cute legs.

More snuggle time with Josh.



On Tuesdays, Andrea takes both kids in the am and then I take them in the afternoon while she teaches. Poor Andrea- I at least get nap time! Anyway, Rebekah and David played very well together. It was a lot easier than I anticipated.



5 comments:

Carrie Sterner said...

Ok the first picture is one of my new favorite. When I saw it in church I simply had to....awwwwwww. Miss you guys!

My kids totally did the same thing and climbed in that table toy. It was their favorite thing about it. Good news, in all our tumbles, no glue, stitches or staples for that one. :)

Carrie Sterner said...

Ok the first picture is one of my new favorite. When I saw it in church I simply had to....awwwwwww. Miss you guys!

My kids totally did the same thing and climbed in that table toy. It was their favorite thing about it. Good news, in all our tumbles, no glue, stitches or staples for that one. :)

Michelle said...

I've said it once I will say it a million times this girls is CUTE!!! Love all the pics!

Rach said...

I love, love, LOVE the first picture of her in the new toy! That grin is just too ridiculously cute...and maybe ever so slightly mischevious!

Mommy Parr said...

I was so happy to see Bekah today...I have been checking every day for more then a week and got a great big smile on my face when I saw her menchie (thought you would appreciate my Sarah word) cheeks! I wish I could have been there to hear Josh. We definitely miss hearing him teach. Keep the cute pics coming!!!