Friday, November 09, 2007

Rebekah's Big-Girl Room- take 1

When we moved in last year, the back 2 bedrooms were stark white with blue trim. It killed us b/c the trim is a gorgeous dark wood underneath...we didn't understand who would paint over it- much less blue! Anyway, Josh and a buddy painted our room and Josh did all the trim- it was a lot of work! So, we never got to the guest room- aka Bunny's big-girl room. Now that we have #2 on the way, we decided to work on making her room ready for her so that sometime after Christmas we can get her into it and clear the nursery. I love my old furniture- white and blue- because it is lovely but more b/c it was my mother's, too. I have always dreamed of sharing it with my daughter! :) So, white walls and white furniture was no good to me. I painted her room a lovely light blue to match the furniture and comforter I picked out for her. Josh and I hoped that the paint would mix well with the trim so we wouldn't have to paint it, too. I think it all looks lovely! I simply need to clean the rug and find decorations for the walls, etc. Oh- and get a dust ruffle and the shams...I think I might paint the play crib white, too(it was a gift from Nana). As for the rug- Bunny has the pink version in her room- if we have a boy, we'll switch the rugs. If it's another girl, we'll leave the pink one in the nursery. So, I'll check back with you when I get more done on her room.

p.s. Our camera is broken- agh!!! So, there might be a lull in posts for a while...sad!




4 comments:

Grandmama said...

Rebekah's big girl room looks great!! You did get her a new bed which gives you a lot more space in the room. The secretary is fourth generation as it was first my Mom's!! Becky and Riley Jane are coming over Sunday since Billy will be out of town, and you and Rebekah arrive Wednesday - what fun!!

Mommy Parr said...

It looks great! Zoe Scout has the same bedding on her big girl bed at her Bunnie and Poppi's house!

Korrin said...

Her room is so pretty! The furniture is great, love it!

Anonymous said...

Em,
This room is so cute!

Marijo