BOY!
That's right, we're having a baby boy!!!!! We are so excited! Our Iowa sonogram isn't until next week, but that was way too long to wait, so if you know my mother, you know she has connections. She hooked us up with a free sonogram in Dallas for us to find out the baby's gender with family. Josh and I were hoping for a boy, but trying to be prepared for either. Rebekah wanted a sissy, so we'll have to deal with that later. The whole experience was hilarious- Mom, Dad, Josh, Rebekah, Becky, Riley, and I all trotted into the lab and the doctor was super-patient with all the extra folks. I didn't realize he had even started due to the fact that my own daughter was sobbing out of worry for me! She ended up having to sit next to me to ensure that I was okay or leave with my mom. Anyway, during those few seconds, Dr. Toofanian announced, "Well, first off, it's a boy!" I started crying out of shock and embarassment for my unborn son as his scrotum (I can feel Amanda blushing) were highlighted again and again for effect. Apparently, he is definitely a boy- Texas-sized, according to the good doctor. (Amanda is blushing again and deciding if it is worth reading further.)
So, Rebekah is still reeling from the news- not really, she of course has no idea how much her life is going to change- I don't think I do either! However, we are excited and now just have to think of a good name, which will still be a surprise. Josh's parents are calling him Little Josh, which amuses us.
As for the rest of the trip, we are having a blast! Rebekah ADORES her cousin Rirey (aka Riley) and looks for her everywhere in the house and in the car, calling out her name in frustration when she can't find her. All 4 grandparents are loving their time with her and us- it's mutual!
We are also learning that Rebekah is very particular about being clean- she fusses about dirty hands, even if it's just a speck until I clean it off. She won't even consider going down the slide until she has meticulously cleaned it. I guess my OCD tendencies are coming through afterall.
Well, time to finish Thanksgiving preparations...have a good one!



12 comments:
i've been waiting for this little post- even though i already knew! :) thanks for calling! so excited for you! boys are super fun- hilarious- and totally different, well from my girl! :) so being said that abigail and rebekah are pretty similar i'm thinking you'll have the same deal here! so fun! now our boys (josiah and whatever we name the second one.. ) can be buds! yeah!
love ya
ps- it's snowing here
so excited for y'all! I think it's the year of the boy...
YEA!!! I am so excited for you. I can't wait to meet him!
Well. . .I keep waiting for more comments to be posted so decided to post one of my own! It was an exciting day finding out that you and Josh are going to have a little boy!! I have been grateful to the Lord everyday of yours and Billy's lives to have a son and a daughter - what a blessing it is! You and Josh will have many fun times ahead of you, and we are very happy for you. . .and us!!
Oh, Em! We are thrilled for you and Josh. I hope someday to meet your sweet babies! love, love!
How exciting! I am thrilled for y'all! It was so good to see you and your family at the show. Bekah is so spunky and fun to watch!
Congrats sister!!! So excited to meet the little guy!!!
say hello to josh, jr. for us!! HAHA! congrats! jason & casey
WOOOHOOOOOO!!! Congratulations! We think that's a great combo too! :) You'll just love having a little girl and boy!! I repeat...BOY! YAY!! So excited for you guys!!
Your mom sent me your blog, and I just want to say congratulations! Katie is having a boy in January, precious Caleb, and we have an angel of a granddaughter, McKenna. Being a grandmother is the best! I'll be praying for you and your precious family.
Janet Gudbjartsson
EMILY! Congratulations! I love your adorable Rebekah. You look so beautiful and happy...I would love to catch up soon. I don't have a way to get in touch with you, though. (I really wish these blogs had an email option.) Anyway, my email is my name (first and last - double "s" at the end) at gmail. Seriously, I want to talk soon. -b.
Hey Emily!
Yay for baby Roscoe!! Congratulations, again. It was so great to get to see you, Josh, and to meet Rebekah for the first time! She's so adorable! Thanks for letting us steal some of your precious time with your family. Love you guys. We'll keep you in our prayers.
Kristin
dosbarnetts.blogspot.com
Post a Comment