First off, thank you to everyone who contacted us with regard to our son!! Our Iowa sonogram confirmed his gender, as if it were in question, and we are still thrilled.
However, we would like to ask any of you who are wiling to pray for our son- I got a call from the doctor that said his kidneys are slightly dilated, but that it was not a huge deal. Essentially, they are retaining some fluid, but not a lot, which would have been bad, b/c my amniotic fluid levels are good. Dr. Wenzel says she normally has 4-5 patients at a time whose boys have this "condition." Normally, it corrects itself by another sonogram at 30-32 weeks and if not, they will check after birth. The kidneys can still correct themselves, but antibiotics and/or surgery would be the ultimate options. It does not appear to be life-threatening or anything and she was not very concerned.
As for us, I handled the call well, until 10 minutes later, Josh got home and I balled. :) It just kind of hit me all at once. Josh sweetly said it was a great way for us to trust the Lord and commit this to prayer every day. We had been talking about a possible name we both loved and we confirmed it tonight as we prayed for our son. It will still be a surprise for y'all ;) b/c that's what we (yes, we) want and we ask that you honor that by not hounding us or trying to trick us!! (Grandparents ;))
In the grand scheme of things, this does not seem too worrisome. It was just hard for me, at least, because I feel like I am just getting to know my boy- I feel him a lot now and know he is a boy and we have been so enjoying that. To know that he might be struggling with something is difficult to imagine, but I am so glad to know Jesus Christ and to trust in Him.
I imagine we won't hear anything more until that next ultrasound, but know we will keep you informed and truly appreciate your prayer.
And the winner is….
9 years ago



11 comments:
Emily, we are praying...and we love y'all.
Em,
You know I am praying. . .and would never try to trick the name out of you. :)
Emily,
I'm so sad to hear that you have to go through this worry...
But it is so wonderful that you already feel such a connection with that tiny baby inside that you carry inside of you!
And Josh is right...isn't it awesome that you two can come together as husband and wife and pray to the Lord - knowing that He is in control of it all?!
I am confident that everything will be okay :) Enjoy the rest of this special time of pregnancy!
~Jenny
Em,
I will definitely be praying for little boy Malone. You will be so blessed by the time y'all can spend praying for him! Keep us updated! Since you are not telling the baby name I guess I will have to come up with my own.....haven't figured it out yet so for the time being give little Jemily a pat for me! ;)
Always praying sister!
Em, we will keep you in our prayers... love you!!!
Emily, we will be praying for the baby and also for y'all!
Emmie, we are with you, sweet friend. Thank you for the post! All our love, Shan
Definitely praying for precious Baby Boy!
We'll be praying for you guys. Thanks for the post.
I know how to find out the name...I'll just wait a few weeks and then ask Rebecca. Toddlers always tell. :)
Okay, Em! What's weird is that the last comment by "me" is not really by ME! I'll have to ask Matt is he made a comment without me knowing. AAAHH!
Post a Comment