Friday, April 20, 2007

Lots of New Things!!!

Rebekah had her 9-mo appt. Thursday. She weighed in at a whopping 17 # (20th %) and measured 29.25 in long (95th%). The Dr. suggested whole milk in addition to nursing so she can maybe get more calories...I think she'd be shocked how much she really eats! Anyway, I had to wake up little one to go to the appt, so I figured I'd make the most of it with some pics!





We visited the Sterners again yesterday...while there, the boys built her a fort, which she seemed to enjoy. While there, Rebekah CRAWLED! She went back and forth between crawling and scooting, but it was really exciting to see her do something new. Then, to top it all, she pulled up for the first time, too (you can see my pink diaper bag in the background- it's balanced on her folded up pack 'n play and she pulled up on that)! Granted , she fell down, but it was still fun! Aaron made me take the second pic so he could shoot in the background.


Today, Rebekah pulled up again and was very scared because she wasn't sure how to get back down without falling, which is what she did...very sad, but I guess they have to learn somehow. Additionally, Rebekah did "so big" today on her very own! I was mortified when my friend Andrea told me that at her son's 1-yr appt., the doctor asked if David could throw up his hand to show how big he was...is there some sort of Mommy 101 that I missed? Who knew that that particular question would be on the 1-yr test? I was so relieved to find out in advance, so Josh and I (mostly Josh because he remembers to do it) have been prepping her for it. Anyway, today she did it herself for the first time! We were so excited that Josh wanted to give her a "treat" (kind of like training a dog- so Scrubs is right- having a baby is like having a dog that slowly learns to talk)...So, Rebekah continued to throw her hands in the air for "so big" and continued to receive food treats. Thus, throughout the day, Rebekah has been throwing her hands up to get food instead of signing "more." A little confusion, I guess!

No comments: