Tuesday, September 05, 2006

What a Blessing!

Josh and I are marveling at what a blessing we have in Rebekah. She truly is the sweetest baby alive and we are loving seeing more and more of her happy disposition develop almost daily. Rebekah LOVES the movement of ceiling fans and coos at them almost more than at us! She is making new sounds everyday- in fact, I heard in a linguistics class that babies are capable of making every phonetic sound, but they filter out the ones their parents don't repeat back to them...so, since I had such a speech impediment with rolling my r's (yes, I taught Spanish anyway), Josh and I started rolling our r's for her last night...call it coincidence, but she brought her tongue to her lips and kind of tried to do it- twice! Genius, I tell 'ya!

A walk in the Snugli with Mom & Dad- we took a trail not too far from our house and Rebekah could not stop looking around. She delights in being outside. We call it the Bill McCord factor.


Trying to stay awake in Mom's arms...


Well...it didn't last long, but, my, how great sleep (and my mom) are!


Everyone wants to play with me! This was at Nate and Amanda's house on labor Day- Grace loved Rebekah!


I'm still pretty happy! (How could I not be with such great feet?)


Mom makes me smile! (Yes, I am eating up my daughter's smiles at me- and documenting them all!)

No comments: