Sadly, though, there was only one afternoon of yellow ball enjoyment...we left to run an errand and upon our return, Rebekah reached the living room before I. I heard a loud lamentation and rounded the corner to see her crying "Ball!" Apparently, Sam thought it was his yellow ball and had punctured it. I quietly told Rebes that I was sorry that Sammy had broken her ball. We spent the rest of the afternoon mourning the loss of the yellow ball...Rebekah would glare at Sam and say, "Sammy broke ball" over and over.This brings me to my next point..we are way past one-word comments...full-on phrases all the time! Really quite amazing...actually, Rebekah has a predictable bath play routine in which she quickly "dip it" for each animal (to rid them of offending bubbles) and places them on the edge of the tub, all right next to each other, facing her, of course. As she was lining them up last week, she soberly confided in me that "Cow gas"...I asked, "Oh really? Cow has gas?" She nodded and said "Cow has gas." Then, she further confessed that each animal ("another cow...pig...chicken...sheep...horsey") has gas." I could hardly keep a straight face.
She also has become preciously tender- I can't tell you how many times a day I find myself saying "Oh, Rebekah, I love you!" So, she sometimes tenderly touches my face and says "Oh, Mama..." and then wraps her arms around my neck...seriously. She loves to give mouth to mouth kisses...in fact, kissing is a high priority...after every ouchie, she commands, "Mommy kiss it."
Rebekah still asks for "Woo Hoo"...now she asks for "Shake it" (Outkast). I know, I know...we need more wholesome music.
Her new car game is "Sunny! Not sunny!" She yells out sunny when the suns shines on her face and then when shadows block it, she says not sunny and giggles...this morning, when I flipped on the light in her room, she groggily said "Sunny..." :)
Josh and I commented tonight that we can't imagine not hearing her chatter during every meal and activity every day. Rebekah loves to name everything she sees, even in books. She knows so many words, it still startles me! In fact, I am amazed at her memory- she is starting to memorize her books, anticipating coming pages even. Last week, she pointed out "Abraham and sarah" in her Bible. I had never told her who they were specifically- I guess the stories are starting to make sense! So, she is till obsessed with babies- I told her their baby was Isaac. She now either calls him "Isaac" or "boy"- another word she has only heard in the story! She also picked up on Daniel in the Lion's den- she loves to talk about him praying- "Daniel pray!" Funny thing is when he is being thrown in the lion's den, she excitedly remarks "Slide! Daniel slide!" Such an optimist! There is nothing she won't repeat! (side note- we now have to pray before naps, too...I lay her down and she reaches up her hands and beseeches me, "Mama pray?" How do you say no? Granted, she'd do it as long as I would, so we have to draw the line somewhere...is the Lord cool with that?
She is even getting into colors, especially orange- probably b/c it is the same as a color and food. She told me out of nowhere the other day that her spoon was orange...indeed it was.
The next 2 pics are so funny. Rebes is still super-particular about snow not being on her shoes...she asks me, "Mommy clean it, Mommy wipe it," which I usually do. I told her we would get them clean inside. She charged ahead of me, saw the towel on the floor, perched on the step and meticulously cleaned each shoe. What cracked me up was that she felt she needed to put the towel back exactly where she found it.










6 comments:
Love the stories, love the many pictures, love the big girl, and love mommy too. You guys are precious. Enjoy the talking!!!!
A. Her hair is getting so long!!!!
B. I totally noticed the rout 44 Sonic drink in the background. ;)
C. She really is so smart and articulate for her age.
D. Totally typed this one-handed!
OK who is that kid sitting at the table coloring? Whoa. At this rate Rebekah will be babysitting Baby Malone when he gets here.
Her hair is getting so long! And, yes she is very smart & beautiful. Request for picture of pg mommy side view ; )wouldn't ask if I knew you weren't such a cute pg mom.
Such a big girl! Can't believe Sam was so naughty and broke her yellow ball. She is such a little girl now and not a baby anymore. Can't wait to see her in a couple of months!!
Nana
Has the ball been replaced yet? How sad that Sammy broke it! But, what a precious smile on her cute face!
Post a Comment