Thursday, January 17, 2008

18 month appointment

Well, Rebekah weighed in at 24 lbs (50%), her head was 50th % and she was 34 1/2 inches tall (off the charts). We also learned that she chipped her tooth- I had been wondering b/c the bottom front tooth looked groovy instead of straight. I even remember a bad fall on tile in November so I think that was the culprit. Additionally, Rebekah does have her 6th ear infection for crying out loud!! Poor baby! She doesn't fuss about it too much and doesn't get fever with every one, so it's almost always a surprise. We might try to take her to an ENT and see if there's anything we can do.

Rebekah is talking more and more! She is even using full phrases/sentences sometimes, like "Tie my shoe" "Mommy fix it" etc. It is so fun to watch her learn new things literally every day!

I am loving our reading time- Rebekah picks a book ("gook") by name and says "Mama, read gook"...her books are "Puppy" (McDuff book), "Ark" (Noah's Ark), "Bible" (Toddler Bible), "Boom Boom Boom" (Mr. Brown Can Moo, Can You- this is my absolute fave right now b/c Bekah knows all the sounds and gets really excited about doing them, especially Boom, Boom, Boom, which she shouts really loud and high and shakes her right hand at the same time), "Doggies" (Doggie book- I used to hate this one b/c you have to bark 10 different ways for each of the 10 dogs, but now that I have a fellow barker, I love it!), "Poo Poo Potty" (this one cracks me up- it's the Going to Bed Book, which has nothing to do with potties, but it is set on a boat and the portal windows are white, with the opening pulled to the side and you can see water thru it- essentially, Rebekah gets really excited about each of the 3 windows, calling them poo poo potties).

Tonight, Rebekah was able to see herself in a reflective window and loved talking to herself and watching herself eat...such a diva!

4 comments:

Smiley Jane said...

Please make the font smaller and write more...

Billy

Grandmama said...

Mamama loves the writing but where are the photos??

Shannon said...

Love that Rebes is into reading. This is no doubt why she is talking so well and so often! May God bless her with a continued love for reading, especially His word! You are a GREAT mom, Emmie!

Shannon said...

P.S. Pretty sure we gave her the Mr. Brown book! :) Love it!!