Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Fix it...

Sweet Bunny...before I even knew it, Rebekah was tempted beyond her endurance by our cable cord on the wall. She had never messed with it before, but today was her limit. The cord was already loose- you can tell the outlet has been tampered with before (our house was a rental for many years and shows some of that wear and tear). Anyway, she had pulled out the cord, exposing a live wire in less than 3 seconds. I was sitting right next to her and got her away from it- she knew something had gone awry because she looked at me fearfully. Since this had not been a previous lesson, I did not really even scold her, I simply told her to stay away from it while Dada fixed it. She seemed to process that a while...then, I told her that she had broken it. She repeated, "Bekah broke it" for a minute or so, probably remembering the injustice of Sammy breaking her ball. Then, she asked me, "Tape?" I always "fix" her books by taping in the pieces/pages she tears out...Sweet girl- of course, tape should fix it! :)

3 comments:

Grandmama said...

Thank goodness she's a quick learner and that you were right there! Rebekah is quite the live wire herself - I know she keeps you busy but I'm delighted you are enjoying her so much!

Carrie Sterner said...

You are her mama and she knows she can trust to you take care of EVERYTHING for her. Weighty and precious responsibility and you are doing a fabulous job Emily!

Matt said...

My daughter has asked me to tape flowers together before. I've always wanted to try it, just to see if it works, but never have.