Sunday, January 28, 2007

Rebekah just had her 6-month appointment- she was past due by about 2 weeks, but who's counting? She is still a peanut and only weighs 15 1/2 pounds, placing her in the 45% , but is a whopping 28 in long, placing her off the charts again! Her wee little head (thanks, Josh!) is still in the 5th %- I guess I owe a thanks to her for that in that my delivery was so easy! The doctor was amazed at how flexible Rebekah is! I truly thought all babies were like that, but she confirmed that Rebeklah is abnormally so- once again thanks to Josh's gene pool! He could do the middle splits (no, he didn't practice gymnastics or anything!) easily in high school and is still extremely limber. Makes me ache thinking about it!

Anyway, Rebekah is sitting better every day and loving it! She has gotten extremely good at feeding herself stars- Cheerio-like things tha dissolve in your mouth so as not to be a choking hazard- she went from raking at them and not knowing they were even in her hand to individually picking them up and transferring them to her mouth- very coordinated- still a genius, I must say- I attribute that to her dad, also...the only thing I claim is her temper and impatience! :)

Choosing which ones to go after is a lot harder than you might think...especially when there's one on your shoulder! (see 2 down)


Gettin' 'em in her mouth- yes, Dad, that's her left hand! She favors it while eating, but her right while playing...?




One of my favorite things about Rebe- she LOVES tags- there's no way I cut them off- it's her favorite part of any toy. In fact, anything that's not supposed to be a toy is grand to her! For example, something we can't live w/o is empty water bottles! She also has her own measuring cups and spoons and loves my spatula while in the high





This was the other day- she loves to sleep with her tiny blanket over her face...I had no idea she would pull her hat onto her face in order to sleep in the car! (notice the water bottle)

2 comments:

Shannon said...

These pics are too wonderful. When she has a serious face, she looks like Josh; when she is smiling, she looks like Emily. She is a beautiful blend of her parents. I love her to pieces!!!

P.S. Elizabeth and I are planning on coming up to Dallas while you are in town. Can we talk about that?

P.S.S. What color is your new Odyssey? I am picturing tan because I want us to be twins!

EmilyAnne said...

EMILY! HI!