Friday, October 06, 2006

Dallas Visit

As many of you know, Rebekah and I visited Dallas last week for the first time since she was born! Josh had a pastors' conference in Minneapolis, so we decided to visit family. I think I brought Iowa weather the first 2 days because it was so beautiful and cool- actually felt like autumn! Then, much to my lamentation, Texas heat and mugginess returned and I learned that Rebekah is pretty hot-natured (like her father) and does not appreciate missing out on the ac in the hot car!

We had a fantastic time!! My wonderful and much-loved in-laws, Mike and Phyllis Malone, even came up from south Texas to get in on the fun. It is so awesome how well our 2 families get along- all 4 grandparents were very gracious and allowed the other 3 to hold and love on my little one. In fact, I don't think I've ever seen 4 adults act sillier than those 4 did to earn Rebekah's tickled little smile! We think (I emphasize think) that Rebekah rolled from her tummy to her back for the first time- we know she did it, but Josh claims it had happened before- who knows? Anyway, we were all so proud of her that our loud praise startled her and I believe Rebekah will think twice before performing such an amazing feat again!

As for me, I simply enjoyed having less responsibility (in that I was warned in no uncertain terms that I was to feed her and hand her over, thus relinquishing my usual role of entertaining and playing with Rebe), seeing much-missed family, and eating great Texas food, including favorite haunts and my dad's grilling and mother-in-law's cooking!

Here are some fun times we had...

Leaving Iowa for Dallas- Rebekah's first plane ride- of course she was a model baby!


My mom holding Rebekah

My dad holding Rebekah



My brother holding Rebekah...somehow I am very sad to say we didn't get a picture of his wonderful wife, Becky!! :(


The McCord men with her...


All 4 grandparents with Rebekah who refused to look at the camera!


A great friend and previous student, Meredith, loving getting her hands on Rebekah!


My parents live in the house my mom grew up in and they have both loved it through the years...this is their yard, which was bare when my gp's bought it in '52 and my dad has transformed it into a virtual rain forest! If you look closely, you can see his rock waterfall!


No comments: