Just thought I'd let y'all know that my laptop is down...not sure what happened except that its battery cord got trampled enough times by you know who that it just powered down last week and won't power back up. My husband is a computer genius, but is not hopeful...anyway, that is slowing down lots of things for me!
Anyway, no pics today, just some fun updates...
It has been a balmy 10 degrees and very windy/cold the last week. Lots of snow and ice...Rebekah loves to talk about the snow and still is enamored by Christmas trees. I put up a wreath on the front door during her nap last week and it took her all of a minute to spot it (thru the glass while the door was closed!) and sweetly ask "Touch it?" I couldn't resist since she has so darn many no touches in her life...now we touch it at least 5 times a day while she labels the pince cones ("cocones"), cinnamon sticks (sisimsticks) and berries ("berries")... :) Anyway, pretty much any tree/wreath that has lights is deemed a Christmas tree and worthy of many comments! This gets us thru bumper-bumper snow traffic, so I am thankful! Last week a ten minute drive took me an hour due to a snow storm- it was 5pm- possibly the worst time for all babies/toddlers- but Rebekah had meaningful conversations with her banana and goldfish, as well as her feet and any lit object we crawled by...so funny!
So fun!- Josh and I took Rebekah sledding yesterday- there are some great hills in our neighborhood, including the local elementary school. There were tons of kids plowing down the hill so we bundled R up (you'll have to see the pics- very Christmas Story- she can't put her arms down) and plopped her into the sled(thank you, Sterners). It is made for tiny children, but there is no buckle!! I was a bit worried, but ignored my gut on that one...Josh took her down the hill and wouldn't you know the sled went out of control as he held onto the rope and it hit his legs and dumped her out onto the snow! Of course, I was video-camering this new experience and saw the whole thing as she wound up for an outraged cry! Rebekah had a big red spot on her cheek that oscillated between being warm and cold the rest of the day (gone now!), but oddly enough she was eager to be back in the sled. Josh quickly scouted put a smaller hill and just let her go with one of us at the bottom. Much better! While wind-chapped and very, very cold, she loved it! During one of these runs, one mom (one I had noticed watching our spill) ran over- she was trying not to laugh as she asked if that crash was R's first sledding experience...she was a mom of 4 and we just laughed together over our novice mistake! At the end, we tried the big hill again and Rebekah was shocked that she went so fast! I wondered if she liked it...however, when we pulled her out of the sled, she wailed, asking "More!" many, many times! Unfortunately, she was ice-cold and so were we, so we decided another day- especially since she has an ear infection- what a trooper! (side note- R has learned "ouchie" and now points to the wrong ear to get sympathy...so Josh's kid!)
Today we went out to lunch after church. I guess after all her tour guide practice, R has learned how fun it is to walk and hold our hands! I used to carry her everywhere b/c she never followed! Now she is a girl in charge! We inspected all the trees and many toys behind glass at the strip mall on our way to Chipotle. Rebekah, of course, narrated the whole time. I noticed a man behind us, wondering if he was annoyed that he was trapped behind a toddler and her doting mother...anyway, he finally approached us and marveled at R's ability to talk so clearly! I guess we're not the only ones who think she's so smart!
Lastly, Rebekah is really into Itsy Bitsy Spider and Ring Around the Rosies...she asks for the first by trying to do the spider and saying Itsy Bitsy over and over again...the second one, she says Ashes and flaps her arms in sync to my lame, lazy version of the song! I am realizing what a little songbird she is! In fact, last night we had 8 couples over from our church and while Nate and Josh were trying to speak to the men, Rebekah grabbed her "pink bunny" that plays a song when you pull his string. She hummed along "duh duh duh" the whole time, completely unaware of her audience. Then, when she was finished, she would select a special person to take for a tour- actually she holds out her hand and implores "Walk?"
Doesn't get much better than this!
And the winner is….
9 years ago



4 comments:
Very sweet! If only it would snow here. Glad y'all had fun sleding....dying to see the video (hint, hint).
Rebekah is having many new experiences and seems to be enjoying them all - from her tours to sled rides to enjoying the Christmas season with great gusto! She is soaking up all that is going on around her to say the least. Love to you-
"Touch it?" is my fav! What a sweet girl you must have!
Hey Emily...
This is really sad, but I don't have your email or address...so this is the only way i know how to reach you. :) Could you please email me your address for a little Christmas card? Thanks!! Love you guys and hope you're doing great!
Whitney
Post a Comment