Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Shannon & Elizabeth's Visit from TX

My dear friend Shannon and her adorable almost 2-yr-old daughter Elizabeth (aka Baba) visited this past weekend all the way from College Station, TX! Shannon is an amazingly godly woman who has been a constant encourager to me, especially since Rebekah's arrival. I love how intentional Shannon is in her parenting- she is not perfect, but she truly leans upon the Holy Spirit and the wisdom of Scripture to guide her as she gently and graciously rears little Baba. We all need friends who come alongside us like she does, even from 800 miles away!

Some of my favorite memories of the time we spent together: Elizabeth referring to herself as Baba...Baba's delight with the phrase "Bee's Knees"...her pronunciation of our dog's name- Hanhun for Samson...our time at the Amana Colony restaurant where we laughed until we cried with Joe Wilkkomen and when Shannon let Baba fall off her booster seat as a life lesson...our serious talks about parenting...her enjoyment of my new friends here...her instant love for Rebekah...her homemade cherry pie...endless episodes of Law and Order: CI...Elizabeth sitting on the couch with me as I burped Rebekah and she burped Mickey Mouse...the dizzying number of times Mickey was buckled in and out of Rebekah's carrier and/or swing...I could go on for a while!



2 comments:

Korrin said...

Looks like ya'll had a lot of fun! Elizabeth sure is a cutie and of course you already know I think little miss Rebekah is beautiful. She looks so long in the car seat picture.

Shannon said...

Emmie, I love each of those pictures. Thank you for your sweet words about me. You always build me up way beyond what I deserve; you are very sweet to me.

Also, I cannot believe that you wrote about me letting E fall out of her booster seat. People will think I'm a cruel momma!!

I sure love you and am so glad we got to come. I would do it again tomorrow if I could!!